Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Star Wars Dream Come True!!!

All of Diego's Star Wars dreams came true today! As part of a Toys for Tots drive our local toystore, Magical Moon, invited some Star Wars characters to take pictures with the kids. All the money donated went to children in need. We were glad to support the cause and Diego was amazed to meet Darth Vader, Darth Mal, Storm Troopers, and Anikan Skywalker. There were others present but his mom doesn't know their names. At first he was scared to death and said, "Mom, it's ok, I can see them from here. We can go now. " Then I offered to be in the photo. You think that mom would have made it ok but it was Darth Vader that calmed Diego's fears. As Darth Vader noticed Diego clinging onto me for dear life he waved at him. Then I said Diego Darth Vader is waving, wave back. So he did. It didn't stop there. Darth Vader made his way through the crowd and came up to Diego and gave him 5. Diego was thrilled and said, "Mom, he is a nice guy!" It was life changing and Diego pressed forward through the line and had his picture taken. He is still talking about it!

3 comments:

Linda Oxborrow said...

Love it!!! So glad he got to see them. Thanks for the little visit last night- I needed it. You make me happy.

Kristi Kroeger said...

My son Logan would be soooo jealous!

Chad said...

Is that you dressed up as the storm trooper?